Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Non Performers Cost Gunners Again.. Wigan Preview..

Arsenal lost 1-0 to Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday Afternoon. They were leaderless and despite enjoying the majority of possession failed to create any clear cut chances.

Gilberto Silva was abysmal. Sol Campbell looked very rusty. Lauren was careless and Pires looked disinterested.

Not good enough. The senior players again were poor. Senior players not performing equals no result. Fabregas got sent off in the last minute as Cahill attempted to scythe Henry down, in a fashion that at best would be described as agricultural, at worst cynical.

I have left it this long to comment on the game otherwise I would have found myself writing something harsh which I later, with hindsight may have regretted!

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Tonight the semi final of the Carling Cup. We have a more experienced squad out and will be playing somewhere near full strength.

I think it's time to start showing some of the old Arsenal spirit and pull a good performance and healthy win out of the locker.

I think we will, I can see 3-0 Arsenal on the cards, but we shall see..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  The Independent Football Website Awards : Click